- one box trader joe's steamed and peeled ready to eat baby beets
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/3 cup trader joe's sweet and spicy pecans, broken into pieces
- 1 bag (I think 12 oz?) of spring salad mix
- olive oil (3 or 4 tablespoons)
- sherry wine vinegar (3 to 6 tablespoons, depending on our preference)
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- pinch of sugar
- sea salt
- Slice beets into 1/2 centimeter thickness or as desired, put aside
- Place spring mix into a large salad bowl, with gorgonzola cheese and pecans
- add beets, but reserve a few slices for garnish
- In a separate bowl, prepare the dressing. Although most recipes call for lot of oil, I prefer to use at most a 1:1 ratio of oil:vinegar, sometimes even 1:2. Whisk to mix the olive oil and sherry wine vinegar, garlic clove and pinch of sugar. Salt to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Plate into serving dishes, add beets on top for garnish. Add more cheese/pecans if desired.