The way to a wo(man)'s heart is through her stomach. This is one of my favorite dinner dishes by J. He is a truly fantastic cook and I am so lucky. :) The great thing about is dish is its simplicity. Believe it or not, but we make this on weeknights! It takes less than an hour to prepare and is so satisfying! We usually serve it with chard or a side salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes!
- 2 8oz cod fillets (skinned)
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, finely sliced (we use a little more! :)
- 1 handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Place cod fillets in an oiled roasting pan or earthenware dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella slices to cover the top of the fillets.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top
- drizzle with some more olive oil
- Bake at top of preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
Yield 2 servings (can be doubled, and we usually do because it is soooo delicious!)
Recipe source: Happy Days with the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver.