Sunday, April 10, 2011

Must Eat: Urth Caffe, Santa Monica

Urth Caffe is one of our favorite neighborhood spots for a good cup of coffee or tea. Sure, there are fancier coffee spots like Intelligentsia, and we usually make our own coffee at home with our Nespresso machine... but Urth Caffe is one of those consistent, dependable, places where we can go and count on getting delicious beverages, fantastic food, and fabulous dessert! Everything I have ever eaten, or drank, at Urth Caffe has been fantastic. The one in Santa Monica has a lovely ambience as well with both indoor and outdoor seating (has a large patio in the back with heaters)

Last weekend, I met up with some of my girl friends for lunch. I ordered the curried chicken salad sandwich which was full of flavor, and accompanied by a fresh and tasty salad. I don't usually like mayo, but I really liked this sandwich.
I had a blended moroccan mint tea boba (pictured above) as my beverage.  The boba (aka bubble tea) options at Urth Caffe are in my opinion, a nice re-interpretation of the asian classic.  I usually get the green tea latte version but decided to try something different this time.  It's a little more expensive, but I highly recommend splurging and go for the "blended"/ smoothie-like versions of these drinks.
My friend Meg ordered the Banana bread pudding with milk breakfast, and as you can see, it was super decadent and delightful!
This picture was taken one of the other times I've been at Urth Caffe. This is the famous "Spanish Latte" and an example of their cool latte art. Trust me on this one and give the Spanish Latte a try! It is one of the most unique tasting and addictive coffees I've ever had. It is pre-sweetened, so for me (I usually drink my coffee without sugar)- it is a nice treat/ dessert. 

PS. Their version pumpkin pie is one of the best I've ever had in my life. 

Urth Caffe
2327 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA 90405
310-314-7040
Mon-Thu, Sun 7am-11pm
Fri 6:30am-12am
Sat 7am-12am

No comments:

Post a Comment