Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cook: Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates with Almonds


Dates are my favorite dried fruit.  A little while ago, I shared my recipe for bacon wrapped dates. The other day, when we were at FIG, we had dates prepared another way - stuffed with blue cheese and garnished with chopped dates. It was so good and simple, I came home and replicated it.

Here is how you can make this delicious appetizer yourself at home. The bacon wrapped dates are pretty easy, but believe it or not - this is even easier! No cooking required! All you need is some good quality dates (trader joe has some fantastic ones), blue cheese and dry roasted almonds.

1. Cut date in half and remove pit
2. Stuff the cavity with good blue cheese (I used a french kind from whole foods -see pic below)
3. Put an almond or two in middle (depends on the size of your dates)
4. Close the two halves of the dates and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment