This is one of our go to salads. It is light, refreshing, and healthy! It is perfect as a side to grilled meats, or baked pasta.
Arugula and Artichoke Salad with Shaved Parmesan and Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing
- 1 bag of prewashed arugula
- 1 can of artichoke hearts in water (we like the ones from trader joes)
- 1-2 lemons
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (block)
- Place arugula greens in a large salad bowl
- drain artichoke hearts, quarter them. Add to bowl
- using a cheese shaver (or vegetable peeler), shave a liberal amount of parmesan cheese into salad bowl.
- Squeeze 1-2 lemons (depending on your preference)
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (I usually skip this since the arugula/lemon combo is very flavorful) Enjoy!