Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cook: Sauteed Broccolini


J is working late today so I decided to return to the gym for the first time in over a month (maybe two - gasp!) By the time I got home, I was tired and hungry. So I decided to give the Trader Joes premade Chicken Marsala a try. 3 minutes in the microwave and total yum! I had bought a couple bunches of broccolini (aka baby broccoli) the other day so I googled a recipe and voila - within ten minutes had a delightful and healthy weekday supper.


Olive oil (approx 3 tablespoons)
2 bunches of baby broccoli (1 1/4 lbs)- stems trimmed.
salt and pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic

Heat Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, add garlic. Then, add baby broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until baby broccoli has turned bright green and is tender (about 9 min). Serve immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment