Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Red Velvet: Cuvee


Red Velvet is my favorite type of cake. When I realized that more often than not, it tastes terrible (it is a complicatedbalance of flavors and frosting to get right)... I started a "quest for the perfect red velvet cake". After trying several dozen over many years, I finally found it- in Truckee, California. On this blog, I will continue to rate Red Velvet cakes and will probably bring back some of my older posts/reviews, with the hopes that I will spare you from eating the lousy ones.

The cake had a nice flavor but was a bit too dense.
The frosting was cream cheese but had a very strong and heavy butter taste.
All in all - a good attempt, but too heavy all around. Grade = B-

Cuvee
www.mycuvee.com
145 South Robertson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
(310) 271-4333

No comments:

Post a Comment