Sunday, January 30, 2011

How to get a passport in one day!

Last week, we learned that J's grandma had a heart attack and was hospitalized. We scrambled and bought last minute airfare tickets from United Airlines using their "compassion fares". We were all packed and ready to go when realized that I had no idea where my passport was!

Frantically, I searched online and to my surprise and relief, I learned that you CAN get a passport in ONE day if you are lucky enough to live close to one of 14 regional centers.

Thankfully, we live in LA so I was able to go to the Federal Buildling @ 13000 Wilshire Blvd and successfully get a passport on Wednesday. We were on our way to Canada Thursday at 7am.


Here are some links that I found helpful:
Good news! Grandma is on the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment