Sunday, January 2, 2011

Maybe Eat: Huckleberry, Santa Monica, CA

We sometimes go for breakfast at Huckleberry. There is always a long line to eat here, as it seems to be the hot spot for brunch in the neighborhood. We find, however, that if we come before 10am on the weekend, we can usually order, get a table and eat our food in a reasonable amount of time.

The best dish in my opinion, is the green eggs and ham. It is pretty good, but in my opinion, looks better than it tastes. My favorite is still the egg sandwich over at Gjelina.

The pastries look amazing but I haven't really sampled them so can't really judge. I think I had a scone once, and enjoyed it.

The breakfasts here are good. Presentation is super. But we come here mainly because:
1) it is down the street
2) we don't feel like cooking brunch ourselves (which tastes better)
3) we go early so we don't have to wait.

Whenever we leave, there is always a line stretching out the door. I'm not sure it's worth it to wait that long - but apparently many do.

Huckleberry Cafe & Bakery
1014 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 451-2311
www.huckleberrycafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment