Friday, January 14, 2011

Maybe Eat: Bottega Louie, Los Angeles, CA


I love Chocolate Souffle. I still remember the first time I had it... in LA, 10 years ago. I was at Moustache Cafe in Westwood when my friend Steph introduced me to the most amazing dessert ever.... the grand marnier / chocolate souffle. It was like marble cake, but 10 times more incredible. The souffle was perfect - poofy and piping hot. We poured the cream in and devoured it. Divine Yumminess.

Since Moustache Cafe closed, I have been searching for the replacement souffle. Bottega Louie, in downtown LA, came close... but if my memory serves me correct, it is not quite as good. It may, however, be the best you can find in LA at this time.

On another note, they make some brightly colored and tasty macaroons. Perhaps not quite as good as the ones in Paris at Laduree, but pretty solid for this part of town.

The food @ Bottega Louie was pretty decent and the atmosphere is bustling and fun. I recommend this as a fun spot to meet up with your hipster friends if you happen to be hanging out around downtown LA and/or have a serious craving for some fancy schmancy sweets.

Bottega Louie
700 S Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90016
(213) 802-1470
www.bottegalouie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment