This time, I decided to give BBQ chicken at try. I searched online for some recipes, but in the end, I made up one myself. :)
BBQ chicken pizza
BBQ chicken pizza
- Trader Joe's pizza dough 1 bag split into two balls (we like to roll our crust really thin)
- freshly grated fontina cheese
- fresh mozarella sliced
- cooked chicken, cubed
- BBQ sauce (I used the "Bone Sucking Sauce")
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- green onion (for garnish), optional
- Preheat oven to 500F. If you have a pizza stone, put it in the oven when it is cold and allow it to come to full temperature (around 20-30 min)
- Allow the dough to come to room temperature (30min) on a floured surface
- Roll the dough to your desired thickness (we like it really thin, but remember you still need to slide it off the pizza peel onto the baking pizza stone!)
- Add the fontina cheese and mozzarella (as much as you want)
- Using a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal, transfer the dough to oven.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until crust looks lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix chopped chicken with bbq sauce and chopped scallions.
- Open oven and pull rack out (be careful, it is very hot)
- Quickly spread bbq chicken mixture over crust and add red onion on top.
- Close oven door and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown.
Tip 1: Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your pizza, thickness of the crust and temperature of your oven.
Tip 2: The beauty of homemade pizza is that you can throw whatever you want on top - just be careful not to overload the dough if you roll it out thin b/c then it may be too heavy to transfer to the baking stone. If you do want to use heavier ingredients then try prebaking the crust brushed with olive oil and topped with cheese for a few minutes before adding.