- 16 oz fettucine (I used slightly less than one box of thin spaghetti)
- 8 oz pancetta, diced (I used 2- 4oz packages of diced pancetta from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 (10 oz) bag of frozen peas
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 to one whole lemon, juiced.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, saute pancetta in another large pan over medium-high heat until golden and crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. In the same pan with oil from pancetta, saute onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. (peas will thaw)
- Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta. If it seems to dry/sticky you can moisten the pasta with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Toss to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, and serve, sprinkled with freshly squeeze lemon juice. You can top with a bit of shaved parmesan.