This is one of our favorite hearty breakfast recipes. I was actually introduced to the idea of eggs and beans by my friend Eylul when she was my neighbor in Providence, RI. It was only later that I learned eggs and beans is a popular breakfast dish in Britain (above photo taken in London). Luckily, this delicious and nutritious (protein rich) breakfast is super easy to make!Ingredients:
- Eggs (we like 2 per person), cooked over easy or sunny side up
- Can of baked beans
- Toast (we like sourdough)
- Fry the eggs to your liking. It is best to make them either over easy, or sunny-side up.
- Microwave or warm beans on stovetop
- Toast bread, if desired
- Plate the eggs and top with a generous scoop of baked beans.
- serve with toast on side.