(Serves 6-8 course as first course, 4-6 as main course)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- 3/4 cup coarsely shredded Fontina
- 4 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons fresh ricotta
- 2 small (4 oz total) balls of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cooked corn kernels (we used 1 can of corn)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lb dried small ridged pasta shells
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the pasta and butter. Stir well to combine
- Generously salt the boiling water and drop in the pasta. Parboil for 5 minutes, stirring often. Drain pasta (it will be very firm, it will continue to cook in oven)
- Add pasta to ingredients in mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Pour into 9x13 baking pan or casserole.
- Dot with butter
- Bake until bubbly and brown on top, about 8-10 min, then broil for a couple minutes until top of a few shells are crunchy!
The pasta is delicious as a main, or along with some pea soup and roast chicken. You can find those recipes on this blog as well. Happy Cooking (and Eating)!