This week I'm going to feature two fantastic and deliciously addictive potato recipes shared by our friend Shannon. This one utilizes the skins, whereas the next recipe will feature the rest of the potato. Enjoy!
- 3 cups canola oil
- thick peelings from 3 pounds of Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes (roughly 1-by-3 inch strips)
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large saucepan over moderately high heat, heat oil to 360F
- Fry potato skins in batches, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp (approx 2-3 min per batch)
- Using slotted spoon, transfer each batch of potato strips to paper towels to drain, then sprinkle with salt immediately.
- Transfer the potato strips to a baking sheet and sprinkle them with the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake for 3-4 minutes, just until the cheese is metled.
- Let the crisps cool, then transfer to a bowl.
- In a blender or processor, puree the sour cream with the chives and a pinch of salt and pepper until the chives are finely chopped. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve alongside the potato crisps.