One of my favorite things to bake is strawberry bread. A close second is banana bread. This week, I thought to myself - why not combine the two! My dad used to always get strawberry banana yogurt for me when I was growing up. I always liked that flavor combo, so I decided to translate it into my latest recipe! We've been enjoying it for breakfast this past week!
Delicious LA Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe (Makes 1 loaf or 12 servings)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 vanilla, 1/2 almond) extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 lb strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by spraying with pam or greasing it
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add mashed bananas, then vanilla extract
- Mix in beaten eggs
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to large bowl until fully combined.
- Fold in sliced strawberries
- Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 min or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean!