Here is part two of the potatoes two ways series :). Our friend Shannon made these for a potluck dinner party and they were a huge hit. They would go well with the following recipes on this blog:
- Spanish Tortilla
- Chicken and Chorizo Paella
- Seared Squid, Olives, Tomato and Arugula Salad
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled, and cut to 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) Ketchup
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) mayonnaise or sour cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) olive oil for frying
In a saucepan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is soft. Turn off heat, add paprika, tabasco sauce and thyme, stirring well. Transfer to bowl and add ketchup and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Sprinkle the potatoes lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, fry the potatoes in 1 cup (8 fl oz) olive oil until cooked through and golden-brown, stirring occasionally. (Take care when adding the potatoes to the saucepan because the oil will splatter due to salt). Drain the potatoes on paper towels, check the seasoning, add more salt if necessary, and set it aside.
mix potatoes with sauces immediately before serving to ensure potatoes stay crisp. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.