I have been meaning to make homemade pizza for awhile. Inspired by photos of my friend Monica's pizza feast on facebook, I decided to give pizza making a try this past weekend. J and I like our crust thin and crispy so I followed the recommendation of reviewers on line and rolled 1/2 a bag of premade pizza dough as thin as I could, rather than the entire ball of dough. I warmed up with a classic margherita pizza and ended up with this gourmet one inspired by a recipe I found on epicurious. This pizza is so easy to make, but sure to wow!
- 1 bag (1 lb) pizza dough, split into half.
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- sprinkle of parmesan
- 6 slices of proscuitto (or approx 4 oz)
- 6 ripe figs, sliced about 1/3 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven (ideally use a pizza stone, if not available, may use baking sheet) @ 450F
- Marinate fig slices in 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Prepare pizza crust
- sprinkle gorgonzola, mozzarella over crust, sprinkle a handful of parmesan over it all.
- Add pepper
- Bake cheesy crust for about 10 min or until browned
- top with proscuitto slices, then top with fig, bake another 1-2 min or until figs are heated.
- remove pizza from oven.
- Mix 4 cups of arugula with 1 tablespoon balmasic vinegar, and 1 tablespoon olive oil . Top pizza with salad.
- Slice and serve!