- 6 cups shredded radicchio (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb* (paper-thin)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, cooled and chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled Roquefort (about 3 oz) / (you can substitute other blue cheese)
- 6 cups arugula, (pre-washed and dried, we used packaged baby arugula)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to taste, add oil in a stream, whisking the dressing until emulsified.
- In a bowl, toss together the radicchio, fennel, walnuts and blue cheese with dressing. On each of 8 plates, arrange some of arugula, and divide the radicchio mixture among the plates!