Sunday, June 12, 2011

Red Velvet: Yummy Cupcakes, Santa Monica, CA

It has been a little while since I posted a red velvet review. Today, while I was walking around Santa Monica with my friend Steph, we walked by Yummy Cupcakes. I was still so full from brunch at FIG (review to come), but didn't want to pass up the opportunity to sample and rate this take on red velvet....so, I settled on a mini cupcake.  :) (L side of photo, compared to regular cupcake)

They have red velvet with cream cheese frosting, red velvet with chocolate cream cheese frosting, and red velvet with half chocolate/ half regular cream cheese frosting. I prefer the traditional - but they only had the mini cupcake with the chocolate cream cheese.

It was tasty, but both steph and I agreed the cake seemed a bit tough and dry. While flavorful, it may have been a bit too chocolate-y (of course, this could also be due to the frosting). I thought it was good, but not the best. I rate it as a B.
They have many other flavors of cupcakes which were nicely decorated and looked "yummy". I only tried the red velvet, so that's all I can comment on. 

313 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA
310-393-8283
(other locations throughout LA, see their website for more details)

No comments:

Post a Comment