J surprised me one night with this delicious and creative dinner. The shrimp was bursting with flavor!
Shrimp with Toast (serves 4) Recipe by Jamie Oliver.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 2-3 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 16 large whole raw strip, tails left on
- 1-2 lemons, to taste
- 1 good handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 long slices of ciabatta bread toasted
- Into a large, hot, frying pan, put around 4 tablespoons of olive oil, ginger, garlic, chili and shrimp. fry for about 3 minutes, then turn the heat down and squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon. Add the parsley and a a couple "glugs" of olive oil.
- Toss over and remove from the heat. You should have a nice juicy sauce, add lemon and salt /pepper to taste.
- Serve shrimp and sauce over the ciabatta and have a few more slices of bread on the side to mop up the juices!