Since my last post featured the burger at Plan Check, I felt I should also share my impressions of the Comme Ca Burger for comparison. For my prior review about the Father's Office burger, click here.
Tuesday night is Burger Night at Comme Ca and the menu of high end, fancy burgers, includes:
- Comme Ca Burger - $18
- Swiss Melt Burger - $18 - Angus beef, gruyere cheese, mushrooms, butter lettuce, crispy onion rings, french fries and garlic aioli
- Black and Blue Burger - $18 - Angus beef, bleu cheese, red onion, bacon, french fries and garlic aioli
- Lamb Merguez Burger - $16 - Lamb Sausage, roasted peppers and caramelized onions, arugula on ciabatta bun, french fries, harissa aioli
- Breakfast Burger - $14 - house made pork sausage, egg sunny side up, white gravy, on an English muffin, lyonnaise potato
- CCVB (Comme Ca Veggie Burger) - $14 - cashew and pine nuts, garbanzo bean, ajuwan-tomato jam on tofu bun, baby kale and spinach salad.
On this particular evening, our party ordered three burgers - the Comme Ca Burger (which my friend Steph is taking a photo of above), Swiss Melt burger and the Breakfast Burger (pictured below). I ordered the breakfast burger and while it was good, everything about it just seemed a bit too dense and heavy to me. If I could recreate it, I would pair the sausage with a fluffier bun. I had a bite of J's swiss melt burger which was pretty good, but I still favor Father's office or Plan Check.
French Brasserie by Chef David Myers
8479 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA. 90069