Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bake: Irish Cream Mocha Dream Cake

 When I was in college, I was known amongst all my friends for my baked goods. One year, they encouraged me to enter the Pillsbury Bake-Off!  That is when I came up with the the recipe for my Irish Cream Mocha Dream Cake. Although I never heard back after I submitted my entry, I've been told this cake is a winner. In honor of St. Patrick's day, I'm sharing the recipe with all my blog readers!

Start off by purchasing your favorite chocolate cake mix and a container of vanilla frosting.  Prepare the cake mix according to directions, but instead of water, add brewed coffee - this is what will create a mocha tasting mix.  Bake in two round cake pans.  In the meantime, prepare the Irish Cream frosting by putting the frosting in a bowl and mixing in Baileys Irish Cream to taste (you don't want it to be too watery so be mindful of the proportions!).  When cake is cool, assemble cake by placing one layer then frosting, then the top layer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment