Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bake: DeliciousLA Apple-Cranberry Crisp

Hi everyone! I'm back from a little hiatus from blogging. The past few weeks have been so busy! I have many new recipes and things to share. This weekend has been a bit on the cool side for us in LA, and it was perfect for apple crisp. I haven't made one for awhile, so I searched the internet for a good recipe, and then modified it ever so slightly to make it my own.  It came out delicious (so delicious -that I forgot to photograph it before we ate it!) and I hope you enjoy it.

DeliciousLA Apple-Cranberry Crisp
Ingredients:

  •  6 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • optional : chopped cranberries
  • 1 cup oats (I used regular old fashioned, though quick cooking works too!)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted 
  • optional : a few shakes of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 
  2. In a large bowl, mix sliced apples with white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract (and if desired, chopped cranberries).  Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan sprayed with pam or nonstick cooking spray
  3. In another bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. I added a few shakes of cinnamon.  Melt the butter and then mix with a fork until crumbly.
  4. Sprinkle crumble evenly over apple mixture.
  5. Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes
  6. Remove from oven, serve on individual plates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment