Friday, August 12, 2011

Bake: Delicious LA Strawberry Banana Bread

One of my favorite things to bake is strawberry bread. A close second is banana bread. This week, I thought to myself - why not combine the two! My dad used to always get strawberry banana yogurt for me when I was growing up.  I always liked that flavor combo, so I decided to translate it into my latest recipe! We've been enjoying it for breakfast this past week! 

Delicious LA Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe   (Makes 1 loaf or 12 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar 
  • 3 very ripe bananas mashed 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 vanilla, 1/2 almond) extract
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 lb strawberries, stems removed and sliced
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 325
    2. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by spraying with pam or greasing it
    3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add mashed bananas, then vanilla extract
    4. Mix in beaten eggs
    5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
    6. Add dry mixture to large bowl until fully combined.
    7. Fold in sliced strawberries
    8. Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 min or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment