We are back from vacation! It was hard to leave beautiful South Africa but we're happy to be back home in lovely LA. :) Here is an exotic salad that is perfect for this warm summer weather !
- one 6 oz bag of mache lettuce
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted (I just used dry roasted ones)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime
- zest of one lime
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (the recipe calls for 1/2 but I always use less)
- salt and pepper to taste
- If desired, you can toast the nuts by baking them on a sheet at 350 for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Slice the avocado and peel the grapefruit. Remove the skin from the sections
- Mix the vinagrette (grapefruit and lime juices, olive oil, salt and pepper) with a whisk
- Toss salad with dressing, then top with grapefruit, avocado and nuts.