Thursday, June 16, 2011

Must Eat: Bottega Louie, Downtown LA

Bottega Louie is one of my favorite restaurants in LA.  It's downtown, so I don't go often. But every time I go, I leave happy.   I like the space and the ambiance - it's always bustling, but never hectic. Service is fantastic. Despite how busy it is, I've never had to wait more than 15 min and all the waitstaff are cheerful and enthusiastic.   But the main reasons why I love it here are : 
  1. french macarons - no, not quite Laduree, but pretty good for LA
  2. chocolate souffle - BL definitely makes the best souffle in LA (off vine was a close 2nd) 
  3. the simple pasta dishes - I've tried the orechiette with sausage and bolognese and both are so comforting and yummy. 

the exposed kitchen
freshly baked bread and luscious butter
house made orecchiette with sausage, extra virgin olive oil, broccolini and swiss chard chiffonade. This was so good, I was inspired to make it at home. Stay tuned as I'll post my recipe soon!!!
Tagliatelle Bolognese - traditional bolognese meat ragu with bechamel and grana parmesan. 
The restaurant that got my hooked on bolognese was in NYC- Supper. This is not quite as good, but pretty darn close. I loved it!

The Chocolate Souffle = Awesome Decadence
I was so full but couldn't resist the freshly made jelly beignets!


700 S Grand AVe
Donwtown LA, CA 90017
866-418-9162
Mon-Fri 6:30a-11p
Sat-Sun 9a-11p

No comments:

Post a Comment