Friday, April 29, 2011

Wise Words by Mom re: my first real job!!!

This week, I made a major decision. I decided between 3 offers for my first job after years and years of school/training and ended up choosing the one that I thought was best. It was a difficult decision as each one presented an unique and promising opportunity. Ultimately, I chose the one that was best for me AND my family.

It is interesting, because I always imagined myself in the other positions, but now that I'm married, happily to J - my life has changed, and my choices as well.  It felt a little bittersweet to turn down the other offers, so I texted my tech savvy mom "I hope I made the right choice."

She texted me back....

"Choice is always a choice. It is good or not depending on how you look at it. Everything has many facets. It is impossible to get all. Facing it positively will bring happiness and good health to your life!"

Wise words.  Comforting words. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new job, Felicia! Though I know you will be a success in whatever you do! I was also pleased to read that you chose what was best for you and your family! I always get that I need to do things that make me happy but I also would like it all and have my family be happy as well! But I agree with your mom, you can't have it all and have it all be perfect! Impossible! Though, I have to admit your life is looking pretty perfect in LA! ;) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Congratulations... can't believe it is happening after all this time!

    ReplyDelete