Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Red Velvet: Bricks and Scones


Last weekend, I needed to pass some time while J was at his guitar class in Hollywood so I searched yelp.com on my iphone for nearby coffee shops.  I found Bricks and Scones, and am so glad I did. It was awesome.


This is the kind of coffee shop that I love to study and read in.  It was full of cozy couches indoors and on nice days, they have a fabulous patio.  They serve intelligentsia coffee, have free wifi and plenty of power outlets.


They are known for their scones - I tried the blueberry. It was solid.


But the icing on the cake, was their red velvet. I only bought a mini cupcake since I was so full from all our eating that day.  When I got home and had it later for dessert, I regretted that I hadn't bought more. It was delicious. The cake was flavorful (I think more than the usual amount of cocoa and vanilla), moist and light. The buttercream frosting perfectly complimented the cake.  I give it an A - which puts it up there with Sprinkles.


I wish this was on the West Side. If it was, I'd probably be there every day. Nonetheless, I'm happy to have found my favorite coffee shop in LA. :)

Bricks and Scones
www.bricksandscones.com
403 North Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323-463-0811
Mon-Thu 7:30 am - 10pm
Fri 7:30am -6pm
Weekends 8am- 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment